Six Quick Tips to Feeling Simply Cinematic
1. Wear something you absolutely love that you might not normally wear or that you're saving for "good." (NOW is really really good!)
2. Do something out of the ordinary for someone you love but not because it is his birthday or because she's sick. Do it just because. And do it with glee.
3. Plan a surprise for yourself and carry it out. (What? A massage certificate for me?!)
4. Do something completely out of character.
5. At least once (but hopefully more) "attagirl" yourself. Attagirl for finishing that project. Attagirl for meditating today. Attagirl for making that child laugh on the bus. Attagirl for not taking his comment personally. Attagirl for wearing the cheetah print shirt.
6. Throughout the day today, offer two sincere compliments (avec smiles) to complete strangers.
Even if you don't believe it'll work; just try these out!
Photo copyright iStock photo
- Create that technicolor feeling in your daily life
- Is there something in your life that you really want to learn to do, but squirrel-mind is keeping you from it?
- Can you let yourself be fully alive and expressive — whether that looks like joy, confusion, despair, bliss, or grief?
- The secret to living an extraordinary life can be found in tiny, ordinary moments.
- How can we love the one we’re with when either —or both— of us is not quite exemplifying star-quality at the moment?
- Confessions of a packrat
- Do I have a deeper relationship with the person I think I should be than the person I really am?
- Andrea Scher
- Art by Gregory Bracken
- Britt Bravo
- Cheri Huber
- Cassandra Rae
- Christine Mason Miller
- Gregory Bracken
- Jen Gray
- Jillian Todd
- Jill Salahub
- Kelley Walker
- Kelly Rae Roberts
- Keri Nola
- Kind Over Matter
- Laurie Wagner
- Living Compassion
- Mary Jane Ryan
- Maya Stein
- Nancy Lefko
- Pamela Sterling
- Rich German
- Stefanie Renee
- Stacy Morrison
- Superhero Journal
- Tiffany Dyer Bird
- Unforgattable Elegance