Participate in Plant a Kiss Day on 4/29
I'm always on the lookout for people who are dedicated to making life feel extraordinary. Enter, Amy Krouse Rosenthal.
On her website, Amy humbly describes herself as "someone who likes to make things." What I want to add is that what she makes is amazing books, inspiring missions in the world, joyful gatherings, and moving short films. What she makes is — people happy. What she makes is — the seemingly ordinary turn absolutely extraordinary.
I've been a big fan of Amy's ever since I read Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life.
Recently, when I read Amy's whimsical new book, Plant a Kiss, which is beautifully illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds, it inspired me to want to create a day dedicated to small acts of kindness and joy, which reap big results. If you watch the video below, you'll see why!
As you know from yesterday's post, my Plant a Kiss Day activity is organizing a Bubble Blowing Flash Mob in the park.
Here are some simple things YOU can do if you want to participate in Plant a Kiss Day:
And then, on May 1, visit our Plant a Kiss Blog Hop Party where 15 bloggers will be sharing their experiences of Plant a Kiss Day and giving away tons of amazing prizes! You can win any of a number of classes, books, artwork, jewelry, or coaching sessions simply by visiting and commenting on the 15 blogs in the hop.
Ready, set, Plant a kiss!
P.S. If the video is not displaying properly, because heck, who knows if it will, you can watch it on YouTube by clicking here.
- Create that technicolor feeling in your daily life
- Is there something in your life that you really want to learn to do, but squirrel-mind is keeping you from it?
- Can you let yourself be fully alive and expressive — whether that looks like joy, confusion, despair, bliss, or grief?
- The secret to living an extraordinary life can be found in tiny, ordinary moments.
- How can we love the one we’re with when either —or both— of us is not quite exemplifying star-quality at the moment?
- Confessions of a packrat
- Do I have a deeper relationship with the person I think I should be than the person I really am?
- Andrea Scher
- Art by Gregory Bracken
- Britt Bravo
- Cheri Huber
- Cassandra Rae
- Christine Mason Miller
- Gregory Bracken
- Jen Gray
- Jillian Todd
- Jill Salahub
- Kelley Walker
- Kelly Rae Roberts
- Keri Nola
- Kind Over Matter
- Laurie Wagner
- Living Compassion
- Mary Jane Ryan
- Maya Stein
- Nancy Lefko
- Pamela Sterling
- Rich German
- Stefanie Renee
- Stacy Morrison
- Superhero Journal
- Tiffany Dyer Bird
- Unforgattable Elegance